Playing MUGEN ZERO for $$$

:: Chat

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Would you pay to play MUGEN ZERO to earn money?

I would pay $15 once in a while to compete 3 rounds to earn $100 per game

I would pay $15 every couple of weeks to compete 3 rounds to earn $100 per game

I would pay $25 once in a while to compete 3 rounds to earn $400 per game

I would pay $25 every couple of weeks to compete 3 rounds to earn $400 per game

I wouldn't risk it -- I'd only play the free mode.

I'm too young to make money.

View results

Playing MUGEN ZERO for $$$

Post by Ace on Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:53 am

Just wondering if you or anyone you know might play MUGEN ZERO to earn money.

I'm talking about earning up to $400 per game.

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Playing MUGEN ZERO for $$$

Post by Nial8r on Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:18 am

Welcome back, Ace! 
I had noticed you signed on recently, but I wasn't sure if you were going to post anything. 
As for myself, I do not believe I am able to answer that question myself without playing the game first - I do not know if I would be any good at the game, ect. I think maybe playing the tech demo you mentioned in your "Development Schedule" post you just updated would give us a little more insight on whether or not we would be willing to play risk-reward with our money on this game. That being said, I am still quite looking forward to the completion of this game, and will definitely consider this if I find myself to have any skill.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:15 pm

Thanks dude. I do agree that you need something to weigh your decision on. This poll is mostly a hypothetical -- i.e. how likely it would be, assuming MUGEN ZERO is a fun and accessible, easy, and fair game to play for you, that you'd be willing to part with actual money when considering that it could be likely to bring you more than your put in.

With these numbers, you could try 3-8 times and still come out ahead as long as you win just once. Plus, if you're worried about lack of skill... I'm even considering adding a team mode...

Wink

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nial8r on Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:29 pm

Ah, in the hypothetical case assuming all which you have mentioned above I can see myself spending some money in order to get some back. This is all depending on whether or not I have any to spend of course. Razz

How would the system be set in place?
-Would it be like a subscription fee or would you pay once to play 3 rounds without restriction as to when you pay next?

Also, when can we expect a demo? I don't mean to sound pushy or anything, just wondering.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:55 pm

Yup. I'll give more details on the system at a later date, but it would be more along the lines of pay once to play. There are no restrictions, but you do get bonuses for playing more often.

As for a demo, I am working on that right now actually. I've got to finish the final list of abilities (which has proven MUCH harder than I thought simply for the amount of decisions on what NOT to include in the first release of the game) and some graphical stuff for the first tech demo (I'm trying out a new graphical style for the levels that I think would be more visually pleasing than the one seen in the screenshots). I'm just trying to make the tech demo accurately reflect what you will actually get in the final product. It's a difficult and time-consuming task, but I'm the only one who can do it since there's no money to pay a development team yet. Hopefully when it's done, you will see why I've spent so much time trying to perfect things. Smile

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZORK on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:42 pm

Personally, I play video games for fun, not to bet money on them, so I'm not all too interested into this idea.

Team mode however sounds very good.

To be a bit off-topic: Do you still update the main page?

ZORK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:15 am

Not at the moment -- planning a redesign of the site soon, so I don't want to rework the old stuff (we'll probably start from scratch). Most recent news regarding MUGEN ZERO is going to be in the forums for now. I'm probably going to clean these out too as MUGEN ZERO has evolved from its previous incarnations. A lot of stuff has changed from the initial design (mostly due to lack of time and actually wanting to release this game).

We've decided on a different model we'll be going with, so the poll is no longer necessary.

I know the idea of paying money to play isn't something a lot of people want to do, but to keep the game going, we'll have to make money somewhere. As long as the community supports us, we can support the community (game ideas, feature requests, etc.). Any ideas on what sort of things you *would* pay for are also very much welcome. (i.e. content, new game modes, special privileges, etc.?)

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZORK on Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:12 am

I wouldn't mind if you have to buy the game.

You could offer some sort of trial version which shows the basic features of the game and which could be upgraded to the full version by buying it.

Take a look at Minecraft for example. The games requires to be bought once for roughly 20 bucks, people can customize the game just the way they want to, and it's still selling quite well.

From what I gathered from MUGEN ZERO, it still is much about customizing and creating your own stuff, so I think the comparison with Minecraft isn't too far either.

ZORK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ace on Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:18 pm

That's a good point. I've been looking into Minecraft's business model and, to be honest, it's pretty ingenious. It pretty much benefits both players and the developer quite equally. By that, I mean players get to play the game early AND participate in its development (not to mention free updates), and the developer gets some initial revenue to work with so he can add extra features to the game that the players actually request, without fear of running out of money or development time.

I appreciate your insight. It's good to get direct feedback on issues like this from outside of the development team. We're very possibly going to incorporate something like this model to MUGEN ZERO in order to get the game out there faster. Smile

Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top